Am 02.06.2018 um 00:45 schrieb James:
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kite_aerial_photography#Picavet_suspension
>
> When I was looking at RC planes, the one that could hold a quality
> camera+fly for for a relatively long time is the skywalker X8(~200$
> USD) + batteries, controllers and motors(~200-250) which comes out to
> about 450$ US.
>
> Where as a kite and a picavet costs about 50$ for a good kite and some
> scrap wood.
>
> Only advantage is a drone can be flown over houses, but kite doesnt
> have any "no fly zones" except maybe power lines

People tend to not realize it, but kites tend to be quite heavily
regulated too and, at least in the couple of countries for which I've
looked at the regulation, are legally limited in ways that don't make
them particularly attractive as a remote sensing platform (obviously
some of the issues are the same as with UAVs so it is unlikely that the
regulators would leave big open holes in their rules in other countries).

Simon