On Sat, Jun 02, 2018 at 12:03:04PM -0400, john whelan wrote:
> I think one problem with drones is they need special permission or there
> are rules about who and where they can be operated in many parts of the
> world.  Some are capable of cm accuracy but does OpenStreetMap benefit from
> this?

I'd explicitly exclude the legal aspects. Yes - Its complicated.

Its not the accuracy i am aiming for - in Germany at least in most areas
have pretty good Aerials. The problem is that those images are from the
public sector and it will take up to 5 years for them to be
accessible/available.

I am aiming for lower latency ;) You see a new development area and
it'll take up to 5 years to be able to add houses etc. So it would
be nice to take aerials every 6 Months of those areas and follow the
build up of new houses.

Flo
--
Florian Lohoff                                                 f...@zz.de
             UTF-8 Test: The ๐Ÿˆ ran after a ๐Ÿ, but the ๐Ÿ ran away