Dear Marek,

RS>>> If   it's  improper  coding  matter  -  manual switch to Chinese
RS>>> coding and back to UTF-8 should not change anything, right?

Raymund>> The  problem  is  likely  that  HTML  encoding and MIME part
Raymund>> encoding  differ.  TB! picks the wrong one and if you switch
Raymund>> it is forced to use the correct one.

Marek> TB  uses  META tag defined in HTML page, what is wrong with it?
I am sorry, but there is something wrong with the display result.

If  TB!  uses  coding  in HTML's META for displaying and HEADER=UTF-8,
HTML_META=iso-8859-2   and  characters  are  CODED=UTF-8 manual switch
would  work  as  you  described  -  forced  to  ignore  HEADER but use
HTML_META.

But   that  forceing of usage of UTF-8 should be only for one message
not  for  all  in  the folder. After  manual  switch  on  one  message
from   the  sender,  all  messages   from   that  sender  in  the same
folder  are  shown  properly.  So,  after  a switch on one message TB!
ignores HEADER on all messages from the same sender?

In  the  same folder I have message coded in BIG5 and when I switch on
Polish message to UTF-8 the BIG5 message is messed up.

Does  View/Charset  applies  to  a  whole  folder  instead of a single
message?

When    you   get through menu to Char Set on Chinese message it still
shows a BIG5  coding not UTF-8. After manual switch  to  something and
back to BIG5  I can see Chinese  characters.  But, after the switching
on  BIG5  message Polish sender's messages shows Chinese characters in
place  of  Polish  letters.  After  manual switch on Polish message to
UTF-8  Chinese  is  messed  up again (but still view on it is set up a
BIG5)......

AUTODETECT
Selecting  on  the  BIG5  message  autodetect makes a From, To, Sender
(that  one  sometimes  is  OK,  sometimes  messed up as well), Mailer,
Message ID totaly  unreadible.  When after Autodetect was selected and I
manually
set a Chinese messsage to BIG5 it's shown properly but Polish characters
in  the  Polish  message  are  Chinese (on UTF-8 coding shown for that
message).

Any idea why switching is causing such behaviour?
Is it proper behaviour or rather misfunction?

Screens were uploaded.

Marek> Yes,  chars  are  displayed  wrong, but this is sender's client
Marek> fault,
Characters  are  coded  in  UTF-8  - checked with binary code editor ;
HTML_META  points  to iso-8859-2 but if TB! uses that info why Chinese
characters are shown in Polish message?

Marek>   if  defines  different charset in HTML tag than is used
Marek> for chars encoding.

You  right  here,  they  messed up a message a bit - and it's good, in
that  way  I was able to find out that at least for BIG5 Autodetect is
not working properly.

MESSED UP MESSAGE
a) header shows usage of UTF-8
b2_3219bfe0432f612b608e63a94c72116c

b) HTML body directs to iso-8859-2

Marek> It  is  possible force TB to use MIME header instead HTML tag -
Marek> add  a DWORD registry variable HtmlCharSetPriority with value 1
Marek> under  HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\RIT\The Bat! and MIME charset
Marek> will have precedence over HTML header charset.

Thank you for that info.

RS