Hi Raymund,

>>> The problem is likely that HTML encoding and MIME part encoding
>>> differ. TB! picks the wrong one and if you switch it is forced to use
>>> the correct one.
>> TB uses META tag defined in HTML page, what is wrong with it?

> No need to defend TB! here :-)
I  loved it when I stumbled into v4 - it was the reason why I got back
and purchased the license.

> Wrong was meant in the way that TB! didn't meet RS expectations not
> that the behaviour of TB! is wrong.
Unfortunately on many other fields :(
That  messed  up message coding is annoying but can live with that for
some time - it's  not  stopper  but  should not happened in commercial
application. What makes me worried is BIG5/UTF-8/Autodetect switchings
matter that makes some messages unredeable despite of the fact that in
theory they are marked properly.

The  truth  is  that  after  getting  folders disappeared in TB! while
importing  EML  from  Thunderbird,  sorting them, creating folders and
filters  I am affraid it can happen again and I would loose the access
to data or getting them back would take me a few days.

Apart  the  fact  that it took me two days (about 12 hours each) to do
above....

EML  import  took  so long because I have them sorted into folders and
subfolders  but  while  importing  there is no subfolders scan for EML
messages  (and  creating  relevant folders) so you need to do all work
manually  (creating  of  a few hundreds folders and import manually to
each of them).

> We had that discussion earlier as I mentioned and I would expect TB!
> to take the <meta> tag encoding as well.

Probably prior I got to TBBETA :(

RS