On 24 July 2018 at 16:05 someone wrote and made
these points

TBB> Deliberately,

>> There is no X-Return Path on the mail I reply to herewith.

>> That only works for the sender to get info to send the message to,
>> and not for the receiver.

>> Deliberately not signed. ;-)

TBB> This arrangement is, of course, exactly what spammers want.

It  is. I can no longer determine the originator of any message should
any  abuse  issues  arise.  I predict this list could rapidly become a
nightmare to moderate.

TBB> Maxim's intent for this group was, I suspect, to make it easier
TBB> to reply without having to check whether you are sending to the
TBB> group and not to the message originator.

It  was  not. The reason for the change is, as Dierk pointed out, that
DMARC compliant MTA servers receiving messages with a from header that
is  at  odds  with  the  domain  of the reply-to are spoof or phishing
mails.  Max  has  had  issues  with  key  users  not  receiving TBBETA
announcements  because they sit on the other side of a DMARC compliant
server.

... <snip>

--
Cheers -- Marck D Pearlstone -- List moderator and fellow end user
TB! v8.5.8.2 (ALPHA) on Windows 10.0.17134