Guten Tag, The Bat Beta,

  this mail comes to you from Lüko Willms mailto:wil...@luekowillms.de

  (this is true, but since this is just text, it could by anything)

am Dienstag, 24. Juli 2018 um 17:42 schrieben Sie:

> DMARC compliant MTA servers receiving messages with a from header that
> is  at  odds  with  the  domain  of the reply-to are spoof or phishing
> mails.

   This is nonsense.

   The operators of such MTA should check RFC 5322, the current standard for
Internet mail, and correct their wrong assumptions.

   The standard is quite clear that the actual author (the one on the FROM
field) and the SENDER of the message can be different persons with different
mailbox addresses and then, of course, different domains. I have dozens of
email addresses on half a dozen of more domain names, and I am free to direct
replies to any other address of mine, different from me as the author, i.e. the
FROM address (BTW, I have also activated SPF for four of my domains).

   It is completely normal for mailing lists, that the SENDER field, showing
the address of the mailing list processor, contains a different address with a
different domain than the FROM field, i.e the actual author of the content of
the message being distributed by the mailing list.

   Spoofing the acutal author as being somebody different than the real author
is the biggest help the spammers and criminals can hope for.

   The peak is the current situation of this mailing list.

   The ultimate horror and ultimate tool for spammers.

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Lüko Willms