Title: Re: ***UNCHECKED*** Re: 8.5.8.2 (second announcement)
Hello The,

Tuesday, July 24, 2018, 8:41:57 AM, you wrote:

Sometimes,

>>> Deliberately not signed. ;-)

>> This arrangement is, of course, exactly what spammers want.  Maxim's intent for this group
>> was, I suspect, to make it easier to reply without having to check whether you are sending to the
>> group and not to the message originator.

> Sometimes I prefer to reply in private instead of sending to the list.

And if one of us were to be infected with an email virus, his computer would not be able to spread that virus to
the rest of us through this list.  That is, without infecting the list server, which would be a logical next step in the
evolutionary predator/prey cycle of computer viruses.

That may be, but TheBat! is a communication tool. If it strips out who the author of the email is, communication is interrupted.

My email provider has a pretty good virus detector.  It detects viruses and deletes infected messages without sending
them to me.  Pretty good system.  It also awaits the next step.

--

Gleason