The,

> On 24 July 2018 at 16:05 someone wrote and made
> these points

TBB>> Deliberately,

>>> There is no X-Return Path on the mail I reply to herewith.

>>> That only works for the sender to get info to send the message to,
>>> and not for the receiver.

>>> Deliberately not signed. ;-)

TBB>> This arrangement is, of course, exactly what spammers want.

> It  is. I can no longer determine the originator of any message should
> any  abuse  issues  arise.  I predict this list could rapidly become a
> nightmare to moderate.

TBB>> Maxim's intent for this group was, I suspect, to make it easier
TBB>> to reply without having to check whether you are sending to the
TBB>> group and not to the message originator.

> It  was  not. The reason for the change is, as Dierk pointed out, that
> DMARC compliant MTA servers receiving messages with a from header that
> is  at  odds  with  the  domain  of the reply-to are spoof or phishing
> mails.

But not necessarily, of course.  My email provider offers a large range of
domains
that a user can have for aliases.  A couple I use are mm.st, and fea.st.
My from header domanin might not be the same as my reply to header.

>   Max  has  had  issues  with  key  users  not  receiving TBBETA
> announcements  because they sit on the other side of a DMARC compliant
> server.

I suspect there really is no good solution that fits everybody.  Except maybe
to be sure that
your TB folder setup does not specify a different domain in your reply to field
that what is in your from field.

--

Gleason