Hello Gleason,

> I like it best if I can set it as an option in program setup rather
> than clicking on a button/link to download images for a specific email.

the first time you view an HTML mail, a window should open with the following
text.

[  ] Load all images and scripts
[  ] Always load all images and scripts
[  ] Do not load images and scripts
[  ] Don't ask me again

The selected settings should then be saved in the options. In addition, the
button for downloading images should still be available if you have selected
the option 'Load all images and scripts' or 'Do not load images and scripts'.

That would be my suggestion for viewing HTML mails in TheBat!
--
Best wishes
Miroslav

BAT-MAIL.DE.VU - http://thebat.bplaced.net