Hello Alexander,

On Tuesday, December 16, 2003 at 00:54 GMT +0500, crowds cheered as
Alexander Leschinsky [AL] unveiled:

AL> It doesn't happen at all, misunderstanding from user's side is NOT TB
AL> bug

AL> Context menu change VM always globally, changing VM in folder's
AL> properties change only one folder, also always.

This one isn't a bug, but it is a rough edge.  In every other respect,
manipulating the column bar directly is a local change (well, it
changes the current view mode, but that is sort of local).  All of a
sudden, right clicking on the column headers changes global options.
That is counter intuitive.

If the discrepancy is desired, then it should be made clear by the
menu's wording. Otherwise it should change *local* settings. I suppose
the third alternative is to add options to the menu so that *both*
local or global changes can be made.

For a feature that is otherwise so nice and reasonably easy to use,
this is a huge stumbling block.

--
Thanks for writing,
 Januk Aggarwal

Using The Bat! 2.03.6 under Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600Service Pack 1

 Current beta is 2.03.6 | "Using TBBETA" information: