Hello Nick!

On Tuesday, October 19, 2004, 9:55 AM, you wrote:

MB>> An old bug that I complained of on tbudl in v. 2.11, but got no one to
MB>> confirm, is that Column settings and View/Sort-by settings do not
MB>> stick when using "No View Mode."

NA> Just curious Mary, but don't you have to set your View Modes using
NA> Options/Preferences/View Modes? What happens if you create, under
NA> Options, a new view mode named "No View Mode", set the parameters,
NA> and then Ok the formation of that view. Now go ahead and make
NA> changes to that new mode as you earlier suggested. Do they set
NA> properly?

The default choices given to me on the View/Global View Mode drop-down
menu of the main window are:

Generic View Mode

No View Mode  (with o underlined, which I cannot reproduce in my
charset)

I did as you suggested and created a New View Mode, named "No View
Mode" without the o underlined.

Choosing that, the parameters stick, and changes made in the drop-down
menu View/Sort-by stick.

But on the default choices "No [underlined o] View Mode" they do not
stick. Therefore, I think it is a bug.

I long since have a work-around. This was my problem in v. 2.11 ,
before I was ever a beta tester, which I reported on tbudl but no one
confirmed. So I did not make a BT report.

There is now a BT report, describing the problem and how to reproduce
it, for those who wish to help by testing the steps described here:

https://www.ritlabs.com/bt/view.php?id=3962

I believe it is a bug, because using the default menu choice "No
[underlined o] View Mode," this behavior occurs for both myself
(tested several times with different Sort-by choices, today, before
making the BT report) and David Boggon:

tbudl mid:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

subject line, "column settings that don't set"

I shall greatly appreciate it if you do have the time to test for this
bug, using the exact steps given in the BT report, and if you can
confirm it, put a note to my report.

While David B. and I have a work-around now, every new user of The
Bat! is likely to run into this behavior and be very annoyed until
he/she either figures it out by himself/herself or posts to tbudl
about it.

That is, if it is the bug that I truly believe at present, it is.

Thanks again.

Mary
The Bat 3.0.2.1 [Professional Edition] on Windows XP 5.1 2600 Service Pack 2

 Current beta is 3.0.2.1 Beta/1 | 'Using TBBETA' information: