"Vili" wrotes on 06/09/2005 at 03:31:07 +1100 
subject "I cant take it anymore, slow TB!" :

> My  laptop  is a relatively fast one, AMD 2400+ processor, 512 MB RAM,
> ca.  30000  emails  in TB!. After I use TB! for a while, it slows down
> like  hell...  It is not defragmentation problem. I am VERY angry now,
> as I would like to make business, that needs quick answering, but even
> closing a simple text mail from TBBETA takes ca. 3 sec...

Did you check how many second it will take to copy a big file on your
harddisk? Say a 700MB file from one folder to an other (not moving,
really copying!!) It should be not slower as 70 seconds (10MB/second).
Recently I had a performance problem with my new 250GB HD, but it was
just caused by bad electrical contact in IDE cable.

> It  started  with  version  v3.5.  It cannot be only memory leak... No
> virus,  spyware  on my PC, also other programs are just fine and fast.
> My  TB!  used  to  be  a  precisely  tuned  "instrument",  now it is a
> turtle without legs... :)

You are talking about viruses. Have you an Antivirus installed? Is
this antivirus configured to NOT check the message bases? otherwise,
if for each access to the message bases the AV checks it, there will
be a very big slowdown! Try to exclude the folder on the disk where
the bases are located.

> This  is  how  I  quit from TB!. Close, wait for some sec and kill the
> process... :(( I cant wait for two hours to quit TB! normally... :((

Did you check if you have some plugin running in TheBat? maybe there
is a issue?

-- 
Sincerely 
Hendrik Oesterlin - email [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Jabber-IM: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
ICQ 215599852 - MSN [EMAIL PROTECTED] - YIM moimeme666fr - AIM moimeme666fr
TheBat! 3.60.07 and Bayes Filter Plugin v2.0.4  on Windows 2000


        

        
                
___________________________________________________________ 
Gesendet von Yahoo! Mail - Jetzt mit 1GB Speicher kostenlos - Hier anmelden: 
http://mail.yahoo.de


________________________________________________________
 Current beta is 3.61.03 | 'Using TBBETA' information:
http://www.silverstones.com/thebat/TBUDLInfo.html
IMPORTANT: To register as a Beta tester, use this link first -
http://www.ritlabs.com/en/partners/testers/

Reply via email to