Gary,

> All this afternoon and yesterday, I am seeing an old bug recur over and
> over. This is where you click on a new email, and there is no message body.
> Hence, either this email is no longer there, or there is some other issue.
> The way to correct this is to "Clear Catch Now"... my question is why is
> this necessary on TB!'s implementation of IMAP?  No other client requires me
> to clear the cache to read email properly at any time. It requires
> unnecessary steps just to read mail. It is bothersome, troubling, and tells
> me that IMAP is still not right. I cannot trust TB! IMAP for production use.

I also subscribe to the Mulberry and Pegasus discussion lists.  It is
worthy of remark how many of my fellow subscribers are IT types who
think developers should be guided by their needs.  In the case of
Mulberry, they have convinced Cyrus to take Mulberry open source after
helping bankrupt it with their narrow vision of what an email client
should be (no html, etc.).

Again, I don't say that TB's Imap is perfect, just a respectable
effort compared to how others have done.  And Ritlabs remains
commercially viable.  I'm impressed.  May they continue to not be
guided by what IT types think they should do.

--
 Gleason

 Using 3.99.24 on Windows XP, 5.1, Build 2600.
 IMAP email provider is Fastmail, which uses Cyrus server software.