Hello Frank,

Sunday, March 9, 2008, 9:35:24 AM, among other things, you wrote:

>> I  don't  think  you  can  have  read the whole of the problem! I agree that
>> everything  usually  works perfectly, *until* there is only one message left
>> in  the  folder with the focus, then it does *not* trigger the 'Read' filter
>> when that message is marked as read.

FW> I did. Meanwhile I was able to have the same behaviour here. Here it
FW> only happend when the message is not only the latest in that folder,
FW> but also the latest unread message into TheBat!.

FW> Even if there is another unread message in a different account, TB
FW> will filter and jump to that message.

FW> Could you confirm?

No I cannot confirm.

Here,  it  still  behaves  as I described in the Bugtraq. I cannot test with
another  account  because  I  have  only one. It will move to another folder
containing  an  unread  message  but the last message in the previous folder
remains  where  it  is,  marked as 'read' but not moved to an archive as the
'Read' filter would do *if* it had been triggered correctly.

Marking  the last message in a folder as read, by some method other than the
space-bar short-cut, results in the 'Read' filter acting correctly.

Thanks  for your interest and testing. Please just check everything again to
see if the behaviour at your end really is different from my end.

--

Best   regards,
  Roger

    :flag-southafrica:

The  Bat! v4.0.16.2 POP3 with AntiSpamSniper 2.7.1.7, on Windows XP, version 5
1, build 2600 and Service Pack 2