Hello Dierk,

> Well, TB *does* offer a solution. The dreaded Windows editor was only
> added upon request from users not wanting to use MicroEd

Yes, The Bat! offers some kind of solution (even if it no real option for many users).
But the original point in the starting posts was, that Ritlabs is adding new features
every day, without getting them ready to use. Instead of implementing a new editor,
that can be configured, to act like the old MicroEd thingy or like an enhanced editor
control, we are stuck with MicroEd and an editor control, I get flamed for, when using
it. Textpad is an excelent exapmle how far an editor can be customiced, with out
loosing it ease of use.

> still beats
> me on the whys

Let's say, it is totally different than most "normal" editors.
Like placing the cursor, where clicked with the mouse. It is totally annoing, when
someone is not used to this behaviour.
Or the handling of linebreaks. I don't want to think about linebreaks while typing. A
line should be equal to apragraph. The software then reformats the paragraph (if
needed) when sending. A linebreak should stay a linebreak. Not eaten by an automatic
paragraph reformating.
I don't want to think if there has to be an automatic reformating activated of
deactivated for the current paragraph,that could destroy my little ascii art or table
I just typed.

To make it short. I really hate the MicroEd, and I'm angry about the lacking abilities
of the editor control.

> 2. Why break the formatting of a text? I want my lines sent and read
>    in a specific way. And that is in all probability not the same as
>    any other software will do it.

When sending a paragraph without added linebreaks, the reader can view it in a way
(linewidth) he like. And the sender has to care about nothing. So the formating is not
broken, it is only left as an option to the reader.

When formating a special table, art or text, the sender is free to use linebreaks to
preserve the style of the original.

> 1. I don't see any reason that time alone dictates if something is
>    right or not.

Time only dictates what is possible now. And time is not standing still.

--
With best regards
Lars Sölter

The Bat! Version 2.13 "Lucky" Beta/7
Windows 2000 / Service Pack 4 (Build 2195)