Lars Sölter, [LS] wrote:

> Yes, The Bat! offers some kind of solution (even if it no real
> option for many users).

I guess if it's offering a solution, it's a solution to a problem?

> When sending a paragraph without added linebreaks, the reader can
> view it in a way (linewidth) he like. And the sender has to care
> about nothing. So the formating is not broken, it is only left as an
> option to the reader.

So there's nothing wrong with the TB! Windows editor then? It's just
us who need to get with the times and also realize that you're
allowing us the ability to let the text flow how we wish it to?

Ok. Let's look at this. TB! will window wrap unwrapped text. The wrap
length will therefore be dictated by the viewer width. Adjusting my
preview pane width affects my message list width. If I make the
preview pane width the size I'd want it to wrap your text, it would
make the message list too narrow for what I wish to view in it.

BTW, your comment of the wrap limit being an old requirement that is
now defunct with modern displays? Do you realize that it's difficult
to find an e-mail client that does not by default wrap text on
sending?

>> 1. I don't see any reason that time alone dictates if something is
>>    right or not.

> Time only dictates what is possible now. And time is not standing still.

Sure. But e-mail is not yet ready for sending text unformatted and
expecting all readers to be comfortable with it. Even TB! isn't ready
to deal with that. Only a few clients are out there that will wrap
unwrapped text at a specific character limit like say TextPad does
when you toggle on wrapping while reading text files. I wish TB! would
do that. It would save me a lot of trouble since many these days don't
really care much about formatting of their mail and think those who
receive their mail and have problems reading them should stop
complaining and find a way to read it or simply not read it at all.

--
Allie Martin [List Moderator and fellow end-user]
 · My PGP-Keys: http://key.ac-martin.com ·

..... I distinctly remember forgetting that.