On Monday, November 22, 1999, Thomas Fernandez wrote:

> OK, so by default the cursor should always go into the header, even if
> there is data (TO/Subject/...) already. Unless there is a %SkipHeader
> macro. This defines the default as opposite to what I was thinking of,
> but I get your point.

This sounds like a real possibility. :)

> However, what if there is no To recipient but a %SkipHeader macro,
> should the %SkipHeader macro be ignored? Or how to you suggest to deal
> with that situation?

I would say that if the user has put a %SkipHeader macro in the
template, then TB shouldn't worry about whether or not there is anything
entered in the header, unless the intent is to allow the %SkipHeader
only if the TO is filled in. I don't see the need for having to ensure
that the TO is filled in. I would leave it to the users to use the macro
in the appropriate situations. They'll quickly change it if they have to
backtrack up the header to fill in TO.

I suppose this is a small item in the lexicon of improvements that TB
needs, but when you are churning out dozens of messages where all the
header information is set in the template, but something has to be added
to the body, all that tabbing takes quite a bit of time. It would be
nice to be able to start in the body.

I agree that the Reply should be consistent, since most of the arguments
for why the the cursor should start in the header, such as wanting to
add addresses, apply equally to a Reply.  However, I now use the Reply
template in some cases to skip the header. I wouldn't like to see the
Reply made consistent without this %SkipHeader ability.

--
Paula Ford
The Bat! 1.36 (reg)