Morning Steve Lamb,

 My reply to this is a little belated, I guess. I just remembered what
 I wanted to write ;-)

> Toggle macros are just like checkboxes. On, off. OTOH, they do take
> up space[*] unless you tack them onto the end of a line somewhere
> and then you can't see them.

 That's just what I do and I have no problem with it :-)

 But the real issue is also consitency. Actually, a macro in Bat! only
 makes sense when a certain element has to be placed in a certain
 position within the message. This is the case with %cursor,
 %ofromname, %windowsversion etc. but not with information belonging
 in the To field or subject.

 So to stay consistent, the following options would be logical from my
 current POV:

 - set all information regarding the message in the macro field - the
   way it is
 - add additional macro fields for From, To, CC, BCC, Subject.
 - set all information that does not have to be positioned within the
   message in seperate entry fields

--
|on Windows 98 4.10 Build 2222  A
:with The Bat! 1.36