On Tue, 18 Jan 2000 13:42:04 -0800, Steve Lamb wrote:

[..snip..] <conceded with content :)>

>     Unlike the "do you REALLY want to delete this" prompts from Windows which
> are ineffective.  I know they are coming, I slam the enter key already while
> flying on autopilot so it confirms nothing.

    Er. *Allie clears his throat* Objection sire :-D

    That pop-up confirmation has saved my ass on many an occasion when I
accidentally hit the delete key or selected the wrong menu option with
both keyboard and mouse. So, if you're perfect and never hit the delete
key by accident or inadvertently select for example, 'delete folder' in
the folder tree then a popup confirmation acts as a buffer. It does popup
unexpectedly in these situations since you did not intend to do a delete
command. I much prefer popup messages to major delete operations and
shift-del to bypass the popup message. Shift-del is a more deliberate act
and is less likely to be done accidentally.

--
-=Allie=-                 | Using The Bat! v1.39
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]  | Windows NT4.0 (Service Pack 6)