How-do-you-do,

Uwe Brockmann posted to [EMAIL PROTECTED] making the following comments:

<frenzied scissor action>

U> (6) source of suggestion:
U>         Simon, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
U>     suggestion (paraphrased):
U>         "Run TB! on a system on which Microsoft Outlook or Microsoft
U>         Outlook Express have been installed."

I did not actually suggest this. I only declared my current setup - which never has
had Microsoft Outlook or Microsoft Outlook Express installed - as a means of raising
for discussion the possibility of my setup being 'a' reason why TB! is unable to open
files with .eml extensions. ;)

<scissor action>

U> If you know the solution to the problem, please tell us!

Curious as to why some were able and some were not able to open .eml files,
I installed TB! on another PC (temporarily) with OExpress v5 AND Outlook 98
already installed but was still unable to open .eml files with TB! So,
whether, you have, have had, or have never had Outlook programs installed
has absolutely nothing to do with TB!s claimed .eml file viewing
capabilities.

My registry had an .eml key in the reg as mentioned (even though it has
never had Microsoft Outlook or Microsoft Outlook Express installed) in a
open with notepad, the default system viewer. Reregged eml extension and eml
files then open as attachement as before. I think this is more likely to be
a feature that TB! does not yet include.

(I even imported keys from the Oulook machine without success)

Just read Marck's response. Seems that his answer would be correct. However,
it does raise the question as to how some particular users are able to have
TB!s internal viewer open .eml files. This is indeed a mystery.

<still chopping away>

U> If TB! calls Outlook Express or Notepad or some other program to open
U> sample.eml then you have the problem.

U>  If TB! opens a blank mail message
U> in an "Edit Mail Message" editor window and shows sample.eml as an
U> attachment (which you cannot open) then you also have the problem.

I would not say it was a problem as such as this has yet to be determined.
It could be a 'unique feature' to some individuals ;)

Slán anois,

 Simon      send private mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Usin' TB! v1.41 & registered

 <!-- hide from brain dead browsers

  L’homme est bien insensé. Il ne saurait forger un ciron, et forge des Dieux ŕ
douzaines!
 //--> stop hiding from brain dead browsers