Morning Eberhard,

> I am missing a two-tiered sorting mechanism in TB!. Simply put, I
> would like to define for each folder to
> a) sort by subject
> b) sort by time created

 Sorting the message list is no problem: Click on the column header of the
 field you want to sort by.

> (as an example). This should possibly be done with any field.
> It should stop the problem of reading the reply in a thread before the
> question (and thus save the girls on this list a few early wrinkles).

 Have you tried threading by references? It works very well on lists where
 most poeple's mailers support the reference header. And helps when you
 want to read the messages threaded.

> The follow up of subject sorting doesn't seem to work 100%. It
> frequently happens that the first mail _ex_cluding the "Re:" prefix is
> not the first in the sorted order. The sort routine should disregard
> any RE:, AW: or whatever ppl use prefix.

 Re:'s *are* disregarded in sorting, as are Re[x]: The stupid MS-localized
 versions of stupid MS-mailers aren't,. however. :)

> 5. PreView 1
> The PreView feature could be greatly enhanced by
> a) letting the user scroll it with CRSR UP/DN even though the
> ListView is the active window part
> b) thus using CRSR LEFT/RIGHT to skip messages
> Might sound strange but works like a bee. It would also make the
> blinking cursor in the PreView window superfluous (what is it good for
> anyway?)

 I agree the current behaviour is a little annoying. But Ctrl+´ (German kb's)
 for next unread is good enough for now. v2 will allow customizable kb
 shortcuts.

> 9. Auto-complete
> I have found it very hard to adjust to the Auto-Complete function of
> the To: and CC: fields in the msg editor.
> a) It should work without regard to captial letters.

 It does. It just doesn't change the case you type it in.

> b) It should include all fields in the address book entry that are
> related to the name of the person. Ie: First, Middle, Last, Nick,
> Displayed.

 Are you familiar with the Ctrl+Plus to complete from Address book?
 Or the fact that entering a nick (handle) and then changing to the next
 field expands to the full name?

> c) Does it work with the To: and Reply-To: fields as well? It should.

 Try it out :-)

> 10. Cursor in MsgEditor
> It would be nice if the cursor would automatically jump from the
> Subject: field to the msg body when I press RETURN instead of
> hilighting the Subject (what's the purpose of that?).

 It might be not that useful, but just use Tab instead for now..

> 13. Add Sender To AddressBook
> Doesn't work in b19.

 Well, it does with Beta/20 for sure.

> 14. Account polling
> It would be nice to be able to poll any and all accounts into one in
> TB! instead of creating more than one at home.

 I think it's planned for v2, but for now you can filter mails from other
 accounts into one if you like. All you need to do is a "check all" and set
 up a few filters.

> 15. Folders
> On opening a folder, the cursor bar should immediately jump to the
> next new/unread mail.

 I absolutely agree with Steve here and disagree with you :) I have come to
 like very much that TB sets the cursor where it was, especially with my
 chaotic mail working style. EG: I might want to refer to multiple messages
 in several folders and click back and forth between them. Other usages
 too.

> One final remark: It would be nice if the community would be able to
> take a glance at the authors' ToDo list.

 Would be nice as people could avoid posting similar requests over and
 over.

--
.. Jast ... mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
:  using TB 1.42 Beta/20