Greetings Bat People,

Like many others on the list, I too feel the need to revert
to an earlier version.  I've learned from the list that you
can't just reinstall an earlier version but have to remove
v5 first.  Unfortunately, I can't delete version 5.  I've
used Windows Add and Remove Programs and when that didn't
work, used the Revo uninstaller.  Admittedly I did not run
Revo balls to the wall, full on because at one point in the
removal process it showed that it was going to remove a
whole bunch of stuff (like my custom .wav files) that I
didn't want removed.  I declined that part of it.

I did do a backup of v5 before attempting to remove it in
the hopes that if everything crashed and burned, I might be
able to get myself back to a working program even if it was
still v5.  What exactly does a backup contain?  Would the
.wav files be in there?  Will a previous version (should I
ever be able to load one) be able to use a backup made by
v5?

Revo is pretty thorough and I'm terrified that I'm going to
lose all my messages and more if I allow it to run full
bore.

I would really like to revert to v4.2.44 but have no idea
what I'm doing wrong or if I'm worrying about things that
will be ok if I do successfully revert at some point.

--
TIA,
Jack LaRosa

Using The Bat! ver: 5.0.8.
Running Windows XP Pro ver 5 build 2600 Service Pack 3