Hello Mark,

On Monday, July 25, 2011 you wrote:

MP> Hello Alto,

MP> Monday, July 25, 2011, 5:37:47 PM, you wrote:

AS>> Bad idea. You never know what tools like this do or do not remove,
AS>> what may or may not belong to the program you're working on.

MP> I suppose you haven't used Revo Uninstaller yet.

MP> 1) First it creates a system restore point before uninstalling a program
MP> 2) Then it uses the program's own uninstall (if any)
MP> 3) After that it offers the possibility to search the registry for any
leftovers,
MP>    lists them and leaves the user the choice wether he wants to remove any
of these (all individually selectable)
MP> 4) Finally it can search for any left over files and folders.  Once again
it is up to the user to decide wether he wants
MP>    to delete them or not (none are selected automatically, as is the case
for the registry items in point 3 and the user
MP>    can skip steps 3 and 4) (x)

I just wanted to confirm what Mark is saying here.  I've
used Revo Uninstaller (free version) for many years and
never once have I had a problem with it removing anything I
needed.  I don't even question the things it wants to remove
anymore and just let it have it's way, confident that
nothing will be harmed.  But, because I know how well it
works, I was reluctant to let it remove TB because I was
afraid it would remove my message base or something else
required for TB to run.

Like Mark, I too have had programs which simply refused to
be removed through conventional means only to have them
obliterated finally by Revo; and, you can't beat free.

--
Jack LaRosa

Using The Bat! ver: 4.2.44.2.
Running Windows XP Pro ver 5 build 2600 Service Pack 3