Hello Alto,

On Tuesday, July 26, 2011 you wrote:

AS> Hello Jack,

>> I've used Revo Uninstaller (free version) for many years and never
>> once have I had a problem with it removing anything I needed. I
>> don't even question the things it wants to remove anymore and just
>> let it have it's way, confident that nothing will be harmed.

AS> My point exactly. The "artificial intelligence" of such programs just
AS> isn't (can't be) good enough to handle all situations without fail,
AS> and the user is tempted to just click "do it" instead of verifying
AS> each step himself.

AS> If it helps you out of tight spots, great. However, if anyone states
AS> "I used Revo [make that any kind of] uninstaller", to me this means
AS> that "let go of all hope and reinstall Windows, if you want any kind
AS> of reliable system conditions again."

I understand your concern Alto as I had those same concerns
when I first used Revo, I had no idea what it was showing me
(that it said should be deleted) but the fact that
programmers would write code that did not completely remove
all traces of itself when uninstalled was extremely
undisciplined and just pushed me over the edge.  The thought
that my registry was just filling up with now useless
entries was more than I could tolerate.  Call me foolish for
feeling that way but I couldn't help it and Revo offered to
clean up all that useless stuff without harming my system.
And so it has all these years.

I learned of Revo Uninstaller from Kim Komando whose
knowledge I have come to trust.  She has her detractors but
then, what radio/newspaper "celebrity" doesn't.  I have
taken her computer advice for many years and have yet to
regret doing anything she recommended.  If she gave bad
advice you can rest assured that the news of it would be
splashed all over the airwaves and the newspapers for which
she writes.  I think the same holds true for Revo.  If it
wasn't able to live up to what it claims, it would have
crashed and burned a long time ago.

Maybe Mark and I and others have been lucky, or maybe the
program just works like it says it does.

--
Jack LaRosa

Using The Bat! ver: 4.2.44.2.
Running Windows XP Pro ver 5 build 2600 Service Pack 3