4/16/2020  10:41 AM

Hi Thomas,

On 4/15/2020 Thomas Fernandez wrote:

TF> Hello Paul,

TF>>> That's correct. It has become useless, as any bugs found should not be
TF>>> distributed any more. That's the whole idea of beta testing.

>> There have been multiple occasions in the past where a given beta caused
>> problems  for me requiring me to go to a previous version. This is why I
>> keep  copies  of  all acceptable betas. "Latest and greatest" are not
>> synonymous!

TF> Yes, beta versions can have problems, that's why users of beta
TF> versions are called beta testers, and they participate in the beta
TF> forum (or mailing list, as it is in the case of TheBat) and report
TF> back. There is never a reason for someone who is not a beta tester to
TF> download any beta version.

TF> Once the release version is out, there is no need to revert back to a
TF> beta version.

TF> Otherwise, there would be something fundamentally wrong with the beta
TF> process. I'm not saying saying this never happens in the world, I am
TF> just saying it would be highly unusual if you have to revert back from
TF> a release version to a beta version to make have a better version.

I  have  been  a  TB user for 32 years. I have been a beta tester for at
least 12 years. Perhaps my TB experience exceeds your experience. I have
clients  all  over  the  world.  I  fail to appreciate someone of lesser
experience  telling me the "facts". A closed mind slams the door shut on
ability to learn.

My  methods  have  proven their value in the test of time and experience
for  me  and  my  clients.  Since  I highly customize the TB ui for each
client.  It  is  absurd  that a release of a MSI would be published with
this  glaring  defect.  It  forced  me  back  to  a  beta  where Toolbar
Customization worked as it did for many years!

- --
Paul

The Bat! v.9.1.12 on Windows 7 Pro 64 bit 6.1.7600
No IMAP  No OTFE