Hello Christian Dysthe,
On Tue, 11 Jul 2000 20:50:39 -0500 GMT your local time,
which was Wednesday, July 12, 2000, 8:50:39 AM (GMT+0700) my local time,
Christian Dysthe wrote:

> Hello Allie,

> Sunday, July 09, 2000, 9:34:11 AM, you wrote:

AM>> In it's present state it's not for everyone and I doubt that it
AM>> will hit any charts of the nature posted by Paula.

AM>>         Tracer once made a very prudent point. Two versions of TB!? A
AM>> pro version and a simpler version? ......

> I do not really understand why the complexity of The Bat! should
> necessarily put people off. Having options available to you doesn't
> mean you *have* to use them.

No but it confuses a lot of people. Most donot want to have all those
bells and whistles or better, they will never ever use it and to
compete with that mass of uneducated users a nice smooth and easy
working emailer HAS a market and as the basic controls are the same as
the 'full' bat its one way of making sure one may have a base of
future users...

One of the reasons winzip is everywhere is that their protection was
lousy and they spread it everywhere and from what I heard their
biggest problem isnt piracy, its the many orders with missing email
addresses....

Take office or windows, in the begin protection was lousy, serials
like 1 11-1111111  or then 1112-1111111.
Accident? no way... they had as first priority to spread their
software...

> I find that The Bat! works fine out of the box and let's you grow with
> the program as your demands increases. If you only need to send and
> receive mail...well...leave the stuff you do not need alone. The Bat!
> is still a fast, stable small footprint mailer!

> I started using The Bat! a long time ago. Today I am very glad I
> didn't choose a "limited" mailer since I haven't had to switch clients
> when I needed more advanced filters etc. Transferring years of mail
> and contacts is a cumbersome process. However, having a The Bat! Light
> could be a good idea IF it would be possible to upgrade without mail
> and address book export/import (no matter what anyone says,
> export/import NEVER works 100%).

Best regards,

tracer

--