Hi Joe,

On 09 August 2000 at 23:01:24 GMT -0500 (which was 05:01 where I
live) [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote and made these points on the subject
of "DEAD HORSE (was Re: Two Format Questions)":

MDP>> Take it off list guys.

JF> I  assume  you're referring to me, Marck, not "John," whoever that
JF> might be.

Sorry Joe. Yes, I did mean you and was in too much of a hurry to quell
the flames to get the name right. I really do apologize.

JF> But  I hope you will at least allow me to defend myself if someone
JF> here decides not to take it off the list?

Let me spell this out for you and anyone else who may become embroiled
in  such  a  debate in the future. The rules here are that a DH notice
means stop cease and desist immediately, transgressors to be banished.
If  flaming  continues  beyond the DH, then evictions happen. So, self
defence  is  not permitted. It would be pointless anyway because there
would  be no-one to read it except the weary and unimpressed onlooking
list membership.

JF> In my short time here, I've been extremely polite and civil with
JF> everyone I've conversed with (and extremely grateful, too, for all
JF> the help), and all that I've ever expected in return was to be
JF> treated in the same way.

For sure. I have no problem with any of that.

JF> So it's over with as far as I'm concerned, Marck,

Good. Let's keep it that way (and leave it at that).

--
Cheers,
.\\arck

Marck D. Pearlstone, Consultant Software Engineer
Moderator TBUDL / TBBETA
www: http://www.silverstones.com
PGP key: <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]?Body=GET%20MARCKKEY>