Hello Batpeople,

At 5:50:37 PM on Sunday, September 24, 2000, Ming-Li
pounded the keys of an innocent computer thusly:

>> OT, do you know what exactly happened to Agent? I've been using it
>> for years and have finally been forced to give up because of the
>> lack of subfolders.

<snip>

ML> Though Forte never officially announced Agent dead ...

<snip>

ML> Then it stopped again. :( Various sources have said they have no
ML> plan for its further development.

Hmm...that's pretty much what I picked up. Being in the software
business myself it really saddens me when such a great product
gets such a bum ride -- particularly when one sees how many
shoddy programs make bucketloads of cash through hard-sell
marketing.

ML> Before I find a better alternative (XNews and Gravity come close,
ML> but not suiting me as well as Agent, for now), I'll keep using
ML> Agent, but I'm not longing for miracles anymore.

Mmmhmm. I'm still using it for news too, but its mail client
functions are no longer powerful enough to satisfy my needs.

--
Greetings,
 Tim                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]