On Thursday, September 21, 2000, 12:14:17 PM, Karin wrote:

> I have one other, rather important worry: continuity.

> TB is produced by a small company and written and maintained
> by a team of only two programmers (and four people doing
> other stuff). While I enjoy supporting small companies (yes,
> I do pay for nifty and ingenious programs: cracks I only use
> for expensive programs produced by fat companies that I only
> use once per month) I _do_ wondering whether the company
> producing TB will survive. _Will_ we have a V2.0? Will bugs
> be resolved?

I thought about it, too, when contemplating my own migration a few
months ago. I agreed with others' observation that RIT is
responsive, the support group is great and ever growing, and the
user base is probably large enough for RIT to survive.

My bigger worry, though, is some software giant would gobble up RIT
and turn TB into junkware or kill it (or its development, as in
Forte Agent's case). Some companies are very good at such things (MS
and Symantec sprint to mind).

Worried as I was, I decided TB worth the risk. And the price isn't
too large since TB can export its message bases to standard unix
mbox format, which can be imported into virtually any email
software. As long as the emergency exit is there, I won't loose my
sleep.

Ming-Li

The Bat! 1.47 Beta/5 | Win2k SP1