The bat of happiness fluttered its wings and whispered to me that
Gary Mort said on Monday, September 25, 2000:

ML>> On Thursday, September 21, 2000, 12:14:17 PM, Karin wrote:

>>> I have one other, rather important worry: continuity.

>>> TB is produced by a small company and written and maintained
>>> by a team of only two programmers (and four people doing
>>> other stuff). While I enjoy supporting small companies (yes,
>>> I do pay for nifty and ingenious programs: cracks I only use
>>> for expensive programs produced by fat companies that I only
>>> use once per month) I _do_ wondering whether the company
>>> producing TB will survive. _Will_ we have a V2.0? Will bugs
>>> be resolved?

ML>> I thought about it, too, when contemplating my own migration a few
ML>> months ago. I agreed with others' observation that RIT is
ML>> responsive, the support group is great and ever growing, and the
ML>> user base is probably large enough for RIT to survive.

> Just to add my own input.

> These  days,  if  a  mail  program will do 90% of what I need it to do
> TODAY and has no bugs that will stop me from using it, I will register
> it.

And mine: if TheBat!roSoft goes out of business tomorrow (God
forbid!), I'll still have an email program I like a lot.  Not love --
text editors and email clients don't have a lovable nature -- but like
a whole lot.  And I'll bet it won't stop working.

Besides, how do you think small companies get to be big companies?
When people pay for the products.  I've given my money to enough
weasels over my life that it's a joy to send my money to somebody
who's doing good things.

And finally, folks who buy it in Europe, it's not like you're paying
for it with real money.  ;-)
--
Rev. Bob "Bob" Crispen
crispen at hiwaay dot net

On a piano:  Harmful or fatal if swallowed.