On 18-10-2000 at 23:52, A. Curtis Martin kindly wrote:

Karin>>> Hmm. TheBat is currently taking 11644 kb according to task
Karin>>> manager. It's getting dangerously close to the 15 Mb that
Karin>>> Eudora 4.3 used to demand.

R>> Interesting...I have 2561 messages as I write this and the bat is
R>> using 4940K. And thebat has not been shut down for 5 days now.

> Very interesting. How much RAM does your system pack?

[I know that you addressed this question to ACM, but since
my system seems to be suffering from more memory usage /
leakage than others, I'll reply anyway.]

I use Win NT work station, SP 6a, 128 Mb ram.

> For me TB! is usually hovering between 9 and 12MB of RAM, but I have a
> lot of RAM ... 256MB. TB!'s RAM usage tends to be somewhat dynamic.

By now TB's memory usage is at 9736 kb - a ood 1 Mb more
than after I had restarded my computer, a few hours a ago.

- K -

--

The First Amendment presupposes that right conclusions are
more likely to be gathered out of a multitude of tongues,