Hello Alvn,

On Tue, 9 Jan 2001, 16:26:55 h [GMT +0800] (which
was 09:26 h [GMT +0100] where I live) you wrote:

A> i've always done my backup by zipping the TB! main folder and
A> subfolder when TB! is not running.

This is what I've done before, too.

A> i find that its the easiest method. but, why in your batch file do
A> you call TB! _and then_ close it, and the backup continues and so
A> forth?

You got the idea wrong. It's supposed to start TB! regularly with my
batch file instead of the normal shortcut to thebat.exe
Thus the backup will be done every time you decide to shutdown TB!.
It will not cost much performance, though the zipping will.

A> isnt it easier to just call the batch file that exports the
A> registry setting and zip up TB!'s main folder & subfolder?

It's just one more click to do. I'm a lazy person, a person who often
forgets such routine tasks as starting the TB! backup. This is why I
did the batch.

I will release the reworked version of my batch file tonight.

Kari Jakobi

The Bat! 1.49 on Windows NT 5.0 Build 2195 SP1

To obtain my PGP-Key send a message to:
  mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]?subject=PGP-KEY_REQUEST
PGP-KEY ID: 0x388CEBFF