Hi Jason,

On Thu, 19 Apr 2001 19:13:42 -0400GMT (20/04/2001, 07:13 +0800GMT),
Jason Ellis wrote:

JE> So... is there a way to set it up so that *for this person only* the
JE> Bat ignored the reply-to he has specified and sends to his personal
JE> address? Just for this person?

IF OFromAddr == thisPerson THEN
   TO := OFromAddr
  ELSE
   TO := Reply-To
  ENDIF

I was thinking in terms of AB macros. However, the moment you hit
reply, the reply-to address is already filled in as the new TO
address, so the AB template wouldn't kick in. :-(

I think a conditional RegEx could do it. However, you would have to go
to the TBTECH list to ask for details.

JE> Please help. The reason I ask this at this time is that I just
JE> accidentally sent an e-mail that contained his salary information to
JE> our entire tech support staff. We managed to grab it out of the mail
JE> queue on the server before anyone else had read it, but if he hadn't
JE> been so quick it could have been disastrous. And now, of course, he's
JE> quite upset with me (as well he should be).

What email program is he using? If he uses TB, he can set it up so
that for any messages to you, the Reply-To address in the account
settings is overwritten with his personal email address.

Actually, while he would be right in a sense to be upset if you
disclosed his salary to the whole department, it is not your fault,
because he has set up his email program so that he actually requests
you to reply to the other address. The fault is technically at his
side.

JE> Any suggestions/guidelines you can offer I would appreciate.

You could take a look at the TO address before you hit send. ;-)

--

Cheers,
Thomas.

Moderator der deutschen The Bat! Beginner Liste. Anmeldung unter:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Message reply created with The Bat! 1.51
under Chinese Windows 98 4.10 Build 1998
on a Pentium II/350 MHz.