On Friday, April 20, 2001, at 8:16:13 PM, Thomas thoughtfully wrote:

T> Voice recognition? Oh. Do you have a URL?

                   I can get you there I think. The article was in the New
York Times "Circuits" section Wednesday April 19th; front page; author :
David Pogue (he uses it due to a carpal tunnel syndrome called
tenosynovitis).

      Dragon Naturally Speaking is now Lernout & Hauspie's Naturally
Speaking (L&H).

    Basic is $60 for simple dictation $250 gets you voice menu control and
$700 adds voice triggered macros. From experience you'll need a good
microphone, low ambient noise and a fast cpu. Training accomplish's 98%
accuracy but involves a time investment.

   ./michael