Hello Ian,

Sunday, April 29, 2001, 5:44:37 PM, you wrote:

IA>  On  29  April  2001  at  17:32:58GMT  +0100 (17:27 for me) Michael S.
IA>  Greenbaum wrote in "Worm: What Do I Do?":

MSG>> On Sunday, April 29, 2001, Marck D. Pearlstone wrote:

>>> You  should probably try the AVG virus scanner from www.grisoft.cz.
>>> I find it very reliable. The authors are themselves TB users.

MSG>> Do   they   have   a  page  in  English?  My  Russian  is  a  bit
MSG>> rusty--actually completely corroded would be more like it.

IA>      http://www.grisoft.com

IA>      I  use it and it is good, lower hardware/memory overhead than the
IA>      big  boys.  However,  they  don't  have daily updates. They claim
IA>      their heuristic analysis is good, I suppose to counter this.

IA>      ian

Zone Alarm Pro would also have stopped this using its
Mailsafe feature - it quarantines attachments if they
have one of the defined extensions. This list of
extensions (which includes .pif)can be amended by the user. Highly
recommended firewall.

 William                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]