Hi Doug,

Are you saying that you have The_Bat set to check mail at regular
internals?  I also have ZoneAlarmPro and it has settings to allow a
given program to bypass the lock but it does not work; not with the
Bat or any other program.  It also has a feature which automatically
locks the computer when the Screen Save activates.  Supposedly, you
can disable the lock when the screen saver activates, but this also
does not work; still locks out programs even when the feature is
disabled.  Only way I solved the problem was to disable the automatic
check in the Bat and check mail manually.

Your problem is likely ZoneAlarm, not the_Bat.
-
Have a great day,
Sam