Hello Rick,

An archeological dig discovered that on Saturday, December 8, 2001 at
11:33 GMT -0500, Rick Reumann [RR] typed the following:

MDP>> Switch to column block mode (<Ctrl-O><C> or use the status bar - click
MDP>> where it says "Stream"), mark and cut the whole block, place the
MDP>> cursor at the column offset required and paste. If you reformat the
MDP>> block, it retains the indent but wraps the right margin.

RR>      Thanks! Works great. The only slightly annoying thing I'm running
RR>      into is if say I copy or cut text from somewhere else and want to
RR>      paste it indented as you mentioned above, I have to make sure I have
RR>      enough space to fit the pasted in text.

You know, the behaviour you're noticing suggests another solution
(very similar to Marck's) to your original question.  You can select a
block of spaces to the right of the paragraph to be indented.  Then
you just paste it in to the left of the paragraph.  Just a thought.

--
Thanks for writing,
 Januk Aggarwal

OK, I'm weird! But I'm saving up to become eccentric.