Hello Allie C Martin,
On Thu, 4 Apr 2002 16:00:32 -0500 GMT your local time,
which was Friday, April 5, 2002, 4:00:32 AM (GMT+0700) my local time,

Allie C Martin wrote:

> Sure. I'm saying that it's more difficult to keep your Inbox free of
> spam by filtering the spam itself. I'm not saying that you cannot
> filter spam. You can. If you do, you'll spend too much time on it.

I agree, thats what I do but
1. grab the known mail
2. grab the known mail lists
and then send the rest to a spam folder for a few days or as I did
copy the spam to it and check whats common.
NOT subjects, it doesnt work.
Its to, from and other stuff you may never see in the headers.
I had a few mailing lists change their system as it looked like
spam...

> It was quite effective but was catching too much of my good mail

Because your good mail shouldnt be there to be grabbed...
if you first send anything you DO want to its folders there isnt that
much left and as far as I ca see my current filters still zap about
95% of all spam...

T>> First grab the ones you are sure are yours and then tackle the
T>> spam.

> You will not need to tackle the spam once you grab what's yours.
> If you effectively grab what's not yours, which you easily can, the
> rest is spam.

Nope, there are those sending an email a month, I donot give them a
folder.
Silly enquiries are in the same category, they send mail one time/ 2
times and when its finished I dump them.

T>> Not to you is one way but others are the undisclosed recipients and
T>> similar rubbish and anyway, you inspect by hand whats left, its
T>> really not that difficult with 500 emails coming in per day to have
T>> maybe one spamletter...

> Not at all.

?? you agree or disagree ??

tracer