Hello Shane,

On Thu, 29 Aug 2002 at 20:34:19 [GMT -0700], you wrote:
SRM> Shut down THE BAT, and you get the message similar to "There are
SRM> still operations in progress. Want to exit when they are
SRM> finished?" Neither response allows you exit. Killing THE BAT task
SRM> is the only way out.

You know, I was thinking that it was just a downtrodden install of XP
on my laptop (read needs a reformat/reinstall), but I used to get
those a lot. I have a new desktop with 2K Pro on it, and haven't seen
it since.

SRM> I don't run any consumerware stuff resident (no firewalls, AV
SRM> software, no other non-well-behaving TSRs). I run Directory Opus
SRM> and Trillian resident. My other friend isn't running anything
SRM> different.

The only thing we have in common above is XP and Trillian. I run
Kerio Firewall and AVG Anti-Virus (both on desktop and laptop).

I should reinstall XP on the laptop, and set up TB on it to see how it
fares for a while.

Cheers,
Leif Gregory

--
List Moderator (and fellow registered end-user)
PCWize Editor  /  ICQ 216395  /  PGP Key ID 0x7CD4926F

Tagline of the day:
 A BIG ROCK>>>>>>me<<<<<<A HARD PLACE