Hello Shane,

On Thu, 29 Aug 2002 20:34:19 -0700 GMT (30/08/02, 10:34 +0700 GMT),
Shane R. Monroe wrote:

SRM> Sometimes... Out of nowhere ... The Bat just stops picking up mail.
SRM> Something INTERNAL hangs.  NO visible issues - just a strange absence
SRM> of mail.  Shut down THE BAT, and you get the message similar to "There
SRM> are still operations in progress.  Want to exit when they are
SRM> finished?"  Neither response allows you exit.  Killing THE BAT task is
SRM> the only way out.

I don't know about the hanging, but it could be your server leading to
the no-timeout-bug:

https://www.ritlabs.com/bt/view_bug_page.php?f_id=1037

Then, when you cannot close TB, it sounds like this:
http://www.mail-archive.com/tbbeta@thebat.dutaint.com/msg15731.html
or this:
http://www.mail-archive.com/tbbeta@thebat.dutaint.com/msg14667.html
but that was a beta-bug and I thought it has been fixed. Please advise
whether the circumstances are the same.

--

Cheers,
Thomas.

It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to
everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone.  --
Andy Rooney

Message reply created with The Bat! 1.62/Beta1
under Chinese Windows 98 4.10 Build 2222 A
using an AMD Athlon K7 1.2GHz, 128MB RAM