Hi Thomas!

In message [EMAIL PROTECTED]">mid:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
on Monday, October 7, 2002, 7:06:19 AM, you wrote:

T>> They use bandwidth in emailing themselves,

TF> If that were all they do, I'd uninstall my anti-virus programm right
TF> away. I guess the (at least) weekly updates cost me more online time
TF> that any virus has ever used to propagate itself from my box.

Check  out  the trojan horse that killed IBM's network. All it did was
email  itself.  It  brought down the network because it didn't control
its' own growth, and there was no antivirus suppressing it.

It's the very first one listed here:
http://csrc.nist.gov/publications/nistir/threats/subsubsection3_3_2_1.html

If  that  were  "all" it did, I still would not want to be responsible
for  someone  else's  machine  getting infected by mine. Sorry to hear
that you don't care. I'll set up a filter to refuse mail from you.

--
--Scott.
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Using  The  Bat! 1.61 under Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600 on an AMD Athlon
XP 1900 (1.6G real, 1.9G effective) with 512MB.