Hello Jonathan,

Sunday, December 29, 2002, 2:35:22 AM, you wrote:

JA>   Could you please enlighten me as to what viruses TB! is susceptible
JA>   to? You'll only be infected with a virus through TB! if you were
JA>   foolish enough to launch the file without checking it first, or
JA>   trusting the source explicitly, and still launching it.

I agree. Except for Trojans of course. And as long as you keep all
your mail incoming to text only. And as long as you don't click on
something sent to you by a friend. And as long as you don't click on
something by accident. And as long as you have AV software to make
sure none of the above happens if you don't take the necessary
precautions for one reason or another. Before Windows, there was, and
still is, *nix in it's various flavours. There are more viruses/worms,
because of it's long history for *nix than for any other OS. And they
are mostly adaptable. Now that Macs run a Unix system I expect to see
far more of these around now as there is finally a user base big
enough to make it worth the while of crackers to write for it. These
do not rely in anyway on vulnerabilities in Windows and are often
generic (i.e. cross platform). So, yes, I do agree with you providing
you never make a mistake ;-)

JA>   Not that I am worried, I run Sophos on our mail servers, so I'm not
JA>   too worried about getting infected, but I'd still like to know which
JA>   viruses you think affect TB!

Good. Actually, people cause far more problems these days by
transmission rather than by their own misfortune :)

 Mike                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]