Hello Jonathan,

Sunday, December 29, 2002, 5:33:26 AM, you wrote:

JA>   I was after a specific example of a virus that affects TB!, as from
JA>   the statement, it'd appear that you think there are viruses that are
JA>   propagated via TB!, I'm not saying there are any, but I've not seen
JA>   any. Of course, there are methods of getting viruses from websites,
JA>   iframe and javascript for example, but none of those are specific to
JA>   TB! I'd like to hear of an example that specifically affects TB! and
JA>   doesn't require that you make some kind of user interaction, because
JA>   if user interaction is required, then again, it's not specific to
JA>   TB, but could be included in a floppy disk, CD, website, download,
JA>   or whatever, at which point you'd have to run it anyway.

Unlikely. Most viruses/worms/trojans are not program-specific. It's
only the cr*p from the script kiddies that usually is, and that's
just because they're using virus engineering software they've
downloaded off a site and don't know any better.

JA>>> Not that I am worried, I run Sophos on our mail servers, so I'm
JA>>> not too worried about getting infected, but I'd still like to
JA>>> know which viruses you think affect TB!

Yeah, Sophos is generally good, particularly in it's corporate form,
as I said. Which viruses/worms/trojans?  Any that are targeted at
mail generically as opposed to OL/OE specific.  TB is still software
like any other and anything that would target the underlying mail
engine i.e. that targets pop3, smtp etc will have an effect on TB. So,
a generic which distributed itself by attaching to any sent message would
affect TB as much as any other mail program.  At least TB has it's own
address book which solves one of the current problems :)

>> Good. Actually, people cause far more problems these days by
>> transmission rather than by their own misfortune :)

 Mike                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]