In <[EMAIL PROTECTED]">mid:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
Victor B. Gonzalez [VBG] wrote:'

VBG> In actuality I have 2 AVs. pccillin & Norton fully updated. I
VBG> manually choose to disable their running active on purpose.

You'd have to do this anyway since having both doing realtime
scanning could crash your system and even render it unbootable since
the real time scanner startup at boot time would lead to conflicts.

VBG> One thing then I would need help with if someone would be so
VBG> kind. One, I understand The Bat! supports the AVG plugin, but
VBG> do I need AVG running all the time or can AVG simply launch
VBG> unnoticeably when I hit send to send mail out & then just stop?

No. You don't need AVG running all the time. The plug-in uses it as
needed.

VBG> I would like AVG to only scan outgoing mail & at all other
VBG> times remain inactive not scanning anything else.

The plug-in is your friend then.

--
  -=] allie_M [=-  {List Moderator}

MUA: TB! v1.62 Christmas Edition ___ OS: WinXP Pro (SP1)