Hello choppystride,

Friday, June 20, 2003, 2:45:37 PM, you wrote:
c> Any suggestions to overcome this problem will be greatly
c> appreciated.

One, for each account I would set the check messages every n minutes
to differing times. So one set of four mail accounts to check every 3
minutes, another set every 5 minutes, 7, 11, 13, 17.

Since those are all prime numbers, there shouldn't be any overlap in
times unless an account from a previous set doesn't finish before the
next set starts.

Once you have it set, exit TB, then restart TB. I'm just guessing at
this, but I think it will work.

Now, another thing to think about is aliasing 24 e-mail addresses to a
single e-mail account. For instance, with my domain PCWize.com I have
one mailbox account, but I have 50 or so e-mail addresses which point
to that account. Then in TB, I just filter based on the Recipient, and
it goes to whatever folder.

i.e. editor < at > pcwize is the address I used for my newsletter
for people to write to me at, and it goes to the same account as my
tb < at > pcwize addresses, but they get filtered to different
folders, because they are for different things. Unless you have a
serious reason for having to have 24 separate mailboxes, aliasing is
the way to go.

--
Leif (TB list moderator and fellow end user).

Using The Bat! 1.63 Beta/10 under Windows 2000 5.0
Build 2195 Service Pack 3 on a Pentium 4 2GHz with 512MB