Hello choppystride,

Friday, June 20, 2003, 7:52:44 PM, you wrote:

DR>> I think this should be a short-term solution. And, that a more
DR>> permanent solution be implemented in the next version of TB (1.63). In

> Are you saying that Ritlabs is aware of this problem and that a
> solution is near completion?

Unfortunately, I'm not.

> I was browsing thru their bugtrap and
> saw a bug titled "Mail fetching (POP3) hangs " dated Jan 22.  I wonder
> if this is the same one that I'm experiencing.  Perhaps I should
> report mine?

Yes you should submit your bug report.  They could probably decide if
it is related or not.

DR>> example, have an option so that the check messages is done
DR>> sequentially.  This is probably a scenario that either wasn't thought
DR>> of at design time and/or nobody reported before.

> As I've said before, I've tried Pegasus which doesn't have this bug
> b/c it seems to be checking the accounts sequentially.  However, it
> also seems to be very slow, much slower than TB when I tested them out
> by having them check only 4 accounts (the limit imposed by my email
> provider).  So perhaps we should be allowed to specify how many
> accounts to check at a time to minimize the possible performance loss.
> But then of course my tests were not exactly precise scientific
> experiments.  And also, I'm assuming here that this 4-at-a-time
> limit is the source of the problem, which may or may not be.

This could be a good solution to try.  When posting your bug report,
make sure to mention all of this, it might give Ritlabs some ideas on
how to tackle the problem.

 Daniel Rail
 Senior System Engineer
 ACCRA Group Inc. (www.accra.ca)