Some time around 7/27/2003 22:23:11, I think I heard Thomas Fernandez say:
>> I do not remember when the behaviour was changed (because that was not
>> added to the changelog), but I think it works this way even in the
>> (old) Beta you have.

> Thanks for the info. :-) I have just set one account from "leave on
> server" to "delete", and if I get I will try to manually break the
> internet connection during download next time there is a bunch of
> messages there. I will report back.

Oh, trust me, I go through this almost every day (very crappy Dial-up
connection. :)  I have it set to "delete" and if my internet connection
(or the POP3 session) breaks without finishing properly messages are
re-downloaded next time.  This is because POP3 RFC states that the
"update" state of the mail server -- in which the mailbox is updated
and messages are actually deleted -- only occurs when the QUIT command
is sent.  No matter how many "DELE n" command you send, if the QUIT
command is not sent (i.e. the transaction was interrupted), the
mailbox will not be updated.  I believe that some mailservers
(QPOPPER in BSDi) have an option to update the mailbox on the fly to
avoid this, but I don't think its too common.

This is in TB 1.62r.  I'm looking forward for the next version, since
they say the behaviour has been corrected.

        dZ.