On Monday, December 22, 2003, 5:31:13 PM, Stuart Cuddy
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

SC>   I have a telephone answering system on the computer that uses MAPI
SC>   to send the message left on the answering machine to my e-mail
SC>   address. I have set the option to use MAPI in Preferences, and when
SC>   the e-mail is to be sent the program launches, but no message gets
SC>   sent. How do I check to see why this is happening? Is there a way to
SC>   check to see if MAPI works at all or if it just doesn't work with my
SC>   answering machine program?

I don't have an answer but I think I have the same problem.  I use a
postage printing program (Endicia - www.endicia.com) that has the
ability to generate shipment confirmation emails through a MAPI
enabled email client.  It gets the attention of TB (e.g. brings
program to the foreground) then pops up a dialog box complaining that
it must have a MAPI compliant mailer.

Have had the same problem on several different machines - including my
old laptop running 1.62 on Windows 98, now running XP with a trial
version 2.x on my new laptop - all with same results.  Program worked
fine on my two machines with Outlook

 Robert Braver
 [EMAIL PROTECTED]