Hallo Doug,

On Sat, 10 Apr 2004 08:58:32 +0100GMT (10-4-04, 9:58 +0200, where I
live), you wrote:

DW>   I searched and thought I'd found an answer to the problem of replying
DW>   to a list when the list is set to reply to the sender.
DW>   I put %Reply-To="[EMAIL PROTECTED]" in my reply template for the
DW>   folder, but it didn't have an affect.

That wouldn't influence the address your replies are beingsent to, but
that changes the address that answers to your messages are being sent
to. I don't know whether that was what you intended....

When you want to do a list reply, you might choose for several
1) Right mouse click on the To: header of the incoming message and go
   for 'Reply to this address'
2) Use <Ctrl><Shift><F5> or via the menu Message->Reply to All in
   order to reply to the message, that way the message both gets sent
   to the original poster and the list. This might cause the OP to
   answer you off list, but you can't get everything.
3) Create a folder reply template that sets the To-address to the
   list. NOTE THAT THIS IS DANGEROUS!!! Whenever you might want to
   reply off list (with a personal message) you can be very
   embarrassed or even financially duped (depending on the message) by
   sending a message to the list without intending to do so. Don't
   think that this won't happen to you, it will, it happens to
   everybody with folder templates hardcoding the intended recipient.
4) Even though I warned against it. Create a folder forward template
   that acts like a reply template with the list address hardcoded,
   use the %ModifyOnce macro to ensure that you can manually edit the
   To: header in case of a real forward.
5) Use a third party tool (a pop3 proxy ore a mail server) that's able
   to insert headers. Use it to insert Reply-To headers in those list
   messages that don't have one, thus causing TB to automatically send
   replies to the address indicated by the Reply-To header. You'd need
   to take care that your tool doesn't alter Reply-To headers already
   present, because the OP might prefer off list replies.
6) Use a filter that saves your list messages to a file by means of a
   template like this:
   | %Headers
   |
   | %Text
   Furthermore the filter should delete the original message and run
   TB as an external program with the /Import parameter to import the
   message into TB's message base. (Preferably to the folder you'd
   like to save those list messages, as imported messages aren't
   filtered anymore.)
   Note that this might cause duplicate Reply-To: headers in the list
   messages and I don't know how TB reacts to that, as there should
   only be one.

I'd go for the first option.

DW>   I found this as a change in recent versions of TheBat!
DW>   "Don't use From name for Reply-TO addresses" option.
DW>   However, I can't find the option so haven't been able to test it.

Unless I'm mistaken by your question, this has nothing to do with what
you intended, but you can find it at:
  Account -> Properties -> Templates -> Reply -> somewhere below

--
Groetjes, Roelof

Disclaimer: Any opinion stated in this message is not necessarily shared by my budgies
or rabbits.