Hi Roelof,

Saturday, April 10, 2004, 9:41:54 AM, you wrote:

> Hallo Doug,

> On Sat, 10 Apr 2004 08:58:32 +0100GMT (10-4-04, 9:58 +0200, where I
> live), you wrote:

DW>>   I searched and thought I'd found an answer to the problem of replying
DW>>   to a list when the list is set to reply to the sender.
DW>>   I put %Reply-To="[EMAIL PROTECTED]" in my reply template for the
DW>>   folder, but it didn't have an affect.

> That wouldn't influence the address your replies are beingsent to, but
> that changes the address that answers to your messages are being sent
> to. I don't know whether that was what you intended....

Nope, I see what you mean now.

> When you want to do a list reply, you might choose for several
> 1) Right mouse click on the To: header of the incoming message and go
>    for 'Reply to this address'

Trouble is, I forget to do it!  When I remember, I do that.

> 2) Use <Ctrl><Shift><F5> or via the menu Message->Reply to All in
>    order to reply to the message, that way the message both gets sent
>    to the original poster and the list. This might cause the OP to
>    answer you off list, but you can't get everything.

True, not a bad solution but I know I don't like getting 2 replies.

> 3) Create a folder reply template that sets the To-address to the
>    list. NOTE THAT THIS IS DANGEROUS!!! Whenever you might want to
>    reply off list (with a personal message) you can be very
>    embarrassed or even financially duped (depending on the message) by
>    sending a message to the list without intending to do so. Don't
>    think that this won't happen to you, it will, it happens to
>    everybody with folder templates hardcoding the intended recipient.

I think I can live with this on the mailing lists I have in mind.
Knowing what what I've done is wrong and why, thanks to your response,
I've just now put this in the reply template:
%To="[EMAIL PROTECTED]"

But it's now going to both the sender and the list. How do I get rid of
the sender's address?

[SNIP]

DW>>   I found this as a change in recent versions of TheBat!
DW>>   "Don't use From name for Reply-TO addresses" option.
DW>>   However, I can't find the option so haven't been able to test it.

> Unless I'm mistaken by your question, this has nothing to do with what
> you intended, but you can find it at:
>   Account -> Properties -> Templates -> Reply -> somewhere below

Thanks. Yes, thinking about it again it has nothing to do with what I
want to do.:-)

Thanks for such a full and fast response.

Doug

--
Doug Weller  Moderator, sci.archaeology.moderated
Submissions to:[EMAIL PROTECTED]